Administrative Officer (Asia)
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies.
We have an opening for the following position in Kathmandu office and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
This administrative support position is based in Kathmandu at Medic Mobile’s Nepal Inc. Pvt. Ltd. office. The Administrative Officer will report to Sr. Finance and Administrative Officer.
S/He has the overall responsibility of ensuring the office and administrative functions run smoothly.
HR related functions:
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment and compilation of new staff HR files
- Organize orientation of new staff
- Administer employee health insurance and other welfares
- Manage staff leave records
- Respond to HR-related queries.
Office and facility management:
- Assist various office support services, including office procurements (office supplies, stationery, equipment)
- Oversee the maintenance of buildings, grounds, security and office equipment, including scheduling repairs, renovation projects and safety inspections
- Direct maintenance staff, and manage contractor and vendor relationships
- Manage and maintain equipment inventories & asset registry and filing systems
- Coordinate team events, retreats, partner meetings, seminars
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements for global staff traveling to Kathmandu Office or Regional team traveling on project activities when called upon to do so
- Handle petty cash transactions and initiate payment request.
- Assist accountant in the procurement of hardwares and equipments.
- File management of all contract related to projects
- Manage the documentation and project expenses from partners and project sites.
- Assist with accounting and operations duties when required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ of relevant experience.
- Basic HR skill and knowledge
- Strong computer and Internet research skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized & good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Officer - Asia” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Only candidates that are considered will be contacted.