Asia Regional Director
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of healthcare. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
By the end of 2017, Medic Mobile will be supporting a network of more than 20,000 frontline health workers. In our next phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships and reaching out to health organizations with minimal resources. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021.
Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for a Asia Regional Director to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
Position Details and Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity to lead our team in Asia and scale the use of Medic Mobile’s toolkit across several countries. This role will work across functions and supports a growing team of sixteen staff. The Asia Regional Director will supervise the Asia programs and is also responsible for the Nepal country office. The Asia Regional Director coordinates closely with members of our global product and operations team. This role will report to Medic Mobile’s COO. The Asia Regional Director will be based in South Asia, likely Nepal or Bangladesh, and this location will be finalized during the hiring process.
- Oversee the Asia regional programs
- Plan long term strategy for the Asia region
- Design and implement new programs and management structures to achieve scale and quality of our deployments
- Play a pivotal role building excellent relations with partners and donors, participating in proposal writing and supporting preparation of required programmatic and financial reports
- Provide technical and programmatic guidance to make sure that Medic Mobile’s programs comply with local regulations and that we are using the most efficient corporate structures to achieve our goals
- Support and participate in policy advocacy with governments and international institutions, specifically around digital health
- Identify new partners who can help bring Medic Mobile’s tools to scale
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual plans and budgets for the Asia regional programs and adherence to plans and budgets
- Ensure compliance with financial management policies and procedures
- Manage a growing team, with special consideration of culture, creating a motivating and supportive environment
- Contribute to Medic Mobile’s organizational and product goals, with regionally informed contributions
- Act as an internal champion of the partners, users, and the health systems we support in Asia
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in the context of global health programs at scale
- At least 8 years professional experience managing global health or ICT4D programs (including experience in Asia)
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. international development, public policy, operations, technology) or a combination of work and educational experiences to substitute effectively
- Commitment to health equity and problem solving in resource limited settings
- Track record as an effective supervisor, ensuring appropriate and fair management practices are developed and followed
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead a team of more than 10 people
- Determination and ability to sustain positive, respectful, and dynamic relationships with partners
- An established network of relationships with partners, donor agencies, multilateral organizations, government agencies, and NGOs in South Asia
- Interest and experience in technology for global health (including designing, deploying, and communicating about these products)
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and comply with organizational, partner, and local legal requirements
- Strong language skills, including strong grant writing and ability to present to professional audiences
- Enthusiasm for traveling up one-third of the year
- Fluency in a second regional language
- Knowledge of several local languages
Applicants should submit a cover letter that outlines your interest and experience, a resume, and a professional writing sample to email@example.com with "Asia Regional Director" in the subject line. Applications without all three components will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply!