Finance Assistant (Asia)
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of health care. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
By the end of 2017, Medic Mobile was supporting a network of more than 20,000 frontline health workers. In our next phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships and reaching out to health organizations with minimal resources. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021.
Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for Finance Assistant, Asia to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
Finance Assistant, Asia
This is a unique opportunity to support the Finance and Administration team as we grow our team and work in Asia.
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Position Title: Finance Assistant
- Report to: Finance and Administrative Officer
This position will support Finance and Administration of Medic Mobile Nepal and other countries within Asia.
- Manage project invoices and payments and coordinate with partners as per the terms of the partnership agreements.
- Write checks book for payment to partners and vendors.
- Support advance settlement process including collecting advance-related documentation from district staff and reviewing these in compliance with Medic Mobile policies
- Maintain and review monthly office expense documents from district staffs.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of TDS & VAT and keep a record of VAT invoices for refund.
- Maintain all payment documents and receipts from vendors.
- Assist district program advance in the disbursement of DSA and other payments to the participants and vendors.
- Maintain records of Medic Mobile repairs and maintenance for office equipment, furniture, computers and building.
- Record local conveyance sheet, utility payments and other regular payments.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding of official documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in management, specialized in Finance or Accounting
- 1+ years’ experience in related field preferred. Fresh graduates with good knowledge in financial management are encouraged to apply
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent computer skills on Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Be adaptable, inquisitive, and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere
- Exhibit empathy and respect for other cultures
- Willingness to travel to field sites during trainings as per need
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Assistant – Asia” in the subject line. Applications without all components will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal start date for this position is April 15 at the latest and earlier if possible.