Project Technologist - West Africa
Medic Mobile is growing! We have an opening for a talented software engineer, developer or architect to join Medic Mobile’s Innovation Team as a Project Technologist.
The Innovation Network team carries out research and development projects on a 1-5 year timescale, to create successful and innovative experiences on new technologies such as non-invasive diagnostics, smartphone enabled testing, growth monitoring, and biometrics. The Innovation Network will act as the staging ground to identify, inform, and test high potential technologies.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Position Title: Project Technologist
- Report to: Africa Senior Tech Lead
As a Project Technologist, you will be responsible for research and development projects; either small projects that stand alone, or parts of larger projects where you will work to a project leader. These projects may deliver hardware or software systems, technical standards, or research knowledge. You will also be required to provide technical advice and consultancy within your own field of expertise.
You may be involved in any of the stages of a project, from feasibility studies through to implementation and delivery to the business. You’ll have every opportunity to develop your skills and see your ideas through to completion, very often into operational service.
The Ideal Candidate
You should ideally
- Have legal authorization/work permits for Senegal
- Be a strong communicator in English (Essential) and French
- Have demonstrable experience in developing software - previous jobs or internships.
- Have demonstrable ability to identify, refine and resolve important and transformational problems and research questions in cutting-edge technology; using inventiveness, creativity and technical development work of the highest quality.
- Have the ability and enthusiasm for developing your own original solutions and approaches to technical challenges, in additional to experience of working effectively in a team.
- Have a demonstrable interest in user interface and interaction technology.
- Possess EITHER A Bachelor degree (upper second class or higher/Master 1) or Masters (Master 2) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Physics or similar relevant science or engineering subject.
- OR (for candidates from an unconventional technical background) Equivalent relevant technical knowledge and expertise obtained through contribution to appropriate technical projects in scientific, engineering or creative fields.
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Please send an email with subject line: “Africa Region - Project Technologist” and a copy of your current resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Ideal start date is as soon as possible/immediate.