Software Test Engineer
We’re seeking a talented, dedicated, and passionate software test engineer to join our distributed product team.
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of healthcare. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
By the end of 2017, Medic Mobile was supporting a network of more than 20,000 frontline health workers. In our next phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships and reaching out to health organizations with minimal resources. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021.
Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for a Software Test Engineer to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
- Can write browser automation tests for web applications ideally with angular and protractor
- Are dətail oriented and enjoy finding pesky bugs
- Have built a test framework from scratch
- Are comfortable in a UNIX-like environment
- Have experience with regression, and exploratory testing
- Have some experience with performance and scalability testing
- Thrive working as part of a distributed team with a flexible schedule
- Have coursework or experience equivalent to an undergraduate computer science or mathematics degree
- Enjoy working remotely with opportunities to travel to project sites (e.g. India, Uganda, Senegal) and work with teammates (e.g. San Francisco, Nepal, Kenya)
- Want to help build software that improves lives in a real and significant way
The Software Test Engineer works closely with the Director of Engineering, Chief Architect, Product Manager, and the development team to ensure quality assurance of all of Medic Mobile’s mobile health software tools and deployments.
Tests for deployments: 50%
- Work with project developers to elicit requirements for tests that can improve reliability of configurations
- Build and support a test framework for configurations of Medic Mobile tools
- Build and maintain tests for the default configuration of the core application
- Train and support project developers using test frameworks to ensure high quality deployments of Medic Mobile tools
Tests for core tools: 40%
- Create test plans for web and Android applications
- Build test automation where possible, and performing manual tests where needed.
- Learn new programming languages, platforms, toolkits, libraries, tools, and application development paradigms as necessary
- Ensure that all software tools are ready for deployment
- Work with the Chief Architect and development team to guide platform development and technical strategy with regards to testing
- Work with development team to improve test procedure within the development process
- Work effectively, independently, and efficiently with peers, and other product stakeholders.
- Participate in weekly product team calls, and daily stand meetings
If this role inspires you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to Marc Abbyad at email@example.com with the subject “Software Test Engineer” as soon as your materials are ready. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, and we aim to bring a new team member on board soon!
No recruiters or consulting firms, please.