We’re hiring great people.
Medic Mobile is growing!
Our mission at Medic Mobile is to improve health in underserved communities using mobile technology. We carry out this mission with 55 partners in 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the US. Our job is to increase coverage for healthcare during pregnancy and childbirth, increase stock availability for essential medicines, protect the vaccine cold chain, increase early detection and treatment for infectious disease, and increase support for remote health workers and families.
The Medic Mobile team is a mix of designers, product and project managers, public health professionals, researchers, and software developers based out of our headquarters in San Francisco and regional offices in Africa and Asia. Watch this space for opportunities, no recruiters please.
We’re seeking two talented, dedicated, and passionate software developers to join our distributed software development team.
- Have coursework or experience equivalent to an undergraduate computer science or mathematics degree
- Live and breathe web technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, JSON, WebRTC, Canvas, WebGL, HTML 5, IndexedDB, WebSQL, offline applications, cache manifests
- Are comfortable and fully productive in a UNIX-like environment: you can script your way out of just about anything, and build the software you need from source code if necessary
- Are proficient with a wide variety of database systems — relational, hierarchical, and document-based
- Have developed, deployed, and maintained production web applications
- Are passionate about open source software development and open standards
The Senior Web Application Developer reports directly to Medic Mobile’s Chief Technology Officer, and is responsible for the full development lifecycle of Medic Mobile’s web-based mobile health software.
Software Development: 85%
- Design, build, document, and ship software that improves health care outcomes in the developing world
- Work with Medic Mobile and its clients along the entire software development lifecycle: understand client problems, capture requirements, design modular software systems, write great software, and document everything along the way
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, weekly iteration reviews, and monthly milestone reviews
- Learn new languages, platforms, toolkits, libraries, tools, and application development paradigms as necessary
- Contribute directly to open-source and free software projects as appropriate
Strategic Planning: 5%
- Work with the CTO and development team to guide platform development and technical strategy
- Evaluate tools and technologies; develop long-term software and platform roadmaps
- Work effectively, independently, and efficiently with peers, clients, and other project stakeholders
If this role inspires you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to David Brown at email@example.com with the subject “Senior Web Developer” as soon as your materials are ready. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, and we aim to bring two new team members on board soon!
We are looking to immediately hire a Software Deployment Manager to assist our partners in implementing Medic tools across several African countries. We’re looking for someone to be based most of the year in Nairobi with regional travel, please check out the job posting for details.
If you would like to contribute to our open source projects, please contact us on github