Partnerships Manager (Africa)
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of healthcare. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
By the end of 2018, Medic Mobile aims to be supporting a network of more than 25,000 frontline health workers. In our next phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships with Ministries of Health and Model Building Partners, while also reaching out to community health organizations with minimal resources working in our sectors of interest. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021.
Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for a Partnerships Manager to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
Position Details and Responsibilities
We are searching for a Partnerships Manager to work with our Africa regional team to help identify and support implementing partners using Medic Mobile’s tools. This role will focus on bringing on new partners in Africa and managing communications in the region. Key activities will include: partner outreach, partnership development activities, relationship management for current partners, proposal writing, blog writing, help managing social media channels, identifying communications, marketing, and PR opportunities for the region. The Partnerships Manager will act as an ambassador for Medic Mobile at digital health and public health conferences and events.
This role will be based in our Nairobi office. This position will report to the Africa Regional Director.
- Develop and manage regional partnership development strategy to meet Medic Mobile’s regional partnership goals, as per organizational strategy
- Identify and target new opportunities, conduct outreach to Governments and Implementing partners, to educate on Medic Mobile’s digital health tools and offerings, and build a pipeline of opportunities for said tools
- Manage and prioritise pipeline opportunities, to ensure availability of support and resources with internal & external stakeholders
- Research on health systems, digital health ecosystem, countries and Partners of focus for Medic Mobile’s growth in the region
- Support new implementing partners with an introduction to Medic Mobile’s tools, development and deployment process and follow up with initial documentation, proposals and contractual agreements
- Manage and maintain existing partner relationships through continued product education, feedback, satisfaction surveys and others
- Support partners in the preparation of bids and proposals in response to funding requests and identification of additional opportunities within existing partnerships
- Manage and coordinate the Africa regional marketing plan, partnership opportunity sourcing
- Identify stories, prepare content and collateral for blog, print and web in collaboration with the communications team at globally
- Manage regional communications strategy and support regional teams and colleagues as local communications resource
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Systems Strengthening, Computer Science /IT, or any other related field of study. Master’s degree desirable but not a prerequisite
- +4 years work experience in a senior role interfacing with the Public, Corporate, and NGO sectors or in partnerships development and planning, or with a social enterprise focused on development work in low-resource settings
- Ability to conceptualise, conduct feasibility analysis, and present information clearly. Have experience formulating project proposals for a range of audiences to include international donors/funders, NGOs and smaller foundations
- Experience working in Africa is preferred; a familiarity with the public health and community health sectors across the continent
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and develop relationships with a broad range of people, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner
- Passion for and experience in technical and creative writing (concept notes, proposals, personal blogs, websites or articles)
- Interest or experience in non-profit communications and marketing
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Social media experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a distributed team
- Superior organisational skills with high attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, delegate and multi-task
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters with minimal supervision
- Exhibit empathy and respect for other cultures
- Fluent in English; other language skills a plus
- Must have a valid Kenyan work permit and valid passport
Applicants should submit a cover letter that outlines your interest and experience, a writing sample and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org copying Mercy@medicmobile.org with “Africa Partnerships Manager” in the subject line. Applications without all components will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The ideal start date for this position is end May or early June 2018.