Project Deployment Manager (Asia)
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies.
We have an opening for the following position in the Kathmandu office, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
Position: Project Deployment Manager
- Plan, coordinate and manage requirements, resources, and schedules for multiple projects with all project stakeholders.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects to meet deliverables within timelines and budget.
- Generate reports on set deployment goals and project status, on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to senior management
- Interview candidates and hire when needed
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give constructive feedback
- Work with Accounts team on project budgets approvals, project quarterly expenditure forecasts and coordinate on project financials including service time and fees.
- Responsible for onboarding Project Managers.
- Assist the team members in translation of project & user requirements into technical requirements ensuring all aspects are in consideration
- Ensure that a detailed deployment plan has been documented and followed, identify solutions should anything go wrong during deployment
- Provide coordination and direction to teams on project planning, design, configuration and deployment phases on multiple projects.
- Make quick decisions on technical problems to provide an effective environment for deployment
- Identify resource and equipment requirements and manage software and hardware availability
- Provide technical training to team members when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
- Ensure processes are in place and ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and make changes as required
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution
- Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for personal development so that employee potential is maximized
- Able to guide the team through the design, planning, testing and deployment stages and review the completed work effectively
- Provide a great working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within timelines
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree required in Public Health, Nursing or related field.
Availability to travel up to 20%
Must speak fluent Nepali & English and have a valid working permit for Nepal.
- 2+ years or more experience in software deployment or release management
- 3+ years in a position of leadership, supervision and people management
- Experience in project management and coordination for technology deployments
- Working knowledge of monitoring or evaluation of technology/social innovation projects, knowledge of best practices in field.
An ideal Deployment Manager will be…
- Eager to stay current with product development at Medic Mobile and communicate the needs of deployment activities to the rest of the organization.
- An expert planner, to schedule and support the deployment of projects on schedule and within the available resources.
- Focused on the details to ensure high quality deployments.
- A team player who is a clear communicator, working with a cross functional internal team and external stakeholders.
- Self motivated to work under pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and execute on decisions with minimal supervision.
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Send an email with subject line: “Project Deployment Manager” and a copy of your current resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.