Project Manager (Kenya)
Medic Mobile is growing! Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We'd love to hear from you. We have an opening for the following position, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
- Position Title: Project Manager
- Employment Status: Full time
- Language: English & Swahili advanced spoken and written
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Report to: Deployment Manager
- Travel: 40%
Please treat the pre-requisite qualifications more as guidelines than as a non-negotiable checklist.
We believe that the technologies, work environments, approaches to global health and development you've experienced in the past, and have mastered in-depth will be useful to further build and deploy Medic’s tools and technology. You shall be working within a team in an innovation network and we expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.
Our team is spread around the world, and we need someone who enjoys working virtually and with remote teams.
Ideally, you need to be proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed and passionate about Medic Mobile's mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
The successful candidate will work cross functionally with different regional and global teams including partnerships, software development, impact, research, data analytics and project implementation to ensure successful deployment of projects in Africa.
- Manage and coordinate the teams to meet deliverables for multiple products within the innovation project; coordination of projects activities which include conceptualization, designing, development and configuration, functional and user testing of projects spanning multiple years, and driving potential for large scale impact.
- Direct and manage partner engagement and project development.
- Coordinate project work plans that include research, software development and data analysis activities as defined by the research, software development and data analysis teammates.
- Prepare and manage project budgets under various scenarios to facilitate quality project management and decision making in an ambiguous environment.
- Provide onboarding and guidance to project deliverables to the project stakeholders
- Assess potential project risk and evaluate the progress of project on a regular basis, highlighting, addressing and overcoming triggers to achieve project deliverables and objectives through early detection.
- Support the communications team with the development of external communication material including; proposal, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders.
- Develop and execute an efficient internal and external communication strategy to ensure communication with all levels of project stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (includes but not limited to Designers, Technical Team, Partnership Development, Communications and Operations) and other project stakeholders (includes but not limited to partner organization's project staff).
- Legal work permits for Kenya
- BA/BS degree in public health, project management, public policy, social sciences, computer science, IT or related field.
- Work experience in project management in digital health/social impact projects or experience in research/innovation projects/data analytical work with a tendency towards data-backed decisions.
- Excellent work planning and project budget management skills.
- Experience in collaborating multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams.
- Experience with managing expectations and change directly and indirectly.
- Good understanding of data collection, analytics and ability to interpret research for program design and implementation.
- Willingness to travel to project implementation locations in Kenya up to 40% of the time.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovation network of a diverse team.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure focusing on quality.
- Should have worked in a technology driven organization and (with and without a team) have created roadmaps and progress trackers for goals and objectives in former teams using the latest tools and methodologies.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with Africa Project Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Ideal start date is in early January, 2018.