Senior Project Manager (Asia)
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies. Medic Mobile has worked with over 60 partners across 23 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the US. Based in San Francisco with regional offices in Africa and Asia, our technology supports over 14,000 frontline health workers, improving health systems for over 8 million people.
Medic Mobile is growing! We have an opening for the following position, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
We are looking to hire an Senior Project Manager to implement and manage Medic Mobile’s deployments alongside key partners including government health systems and INGOs in Asia.
Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you!
Please treat the pre-requisite qualifications more as guidelines than as a non-negotiable checklist. We expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies. Our team is spread around the world, and we need someone who enjoys working virtually. Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, passionate about Medic Mobile's mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
- Employment Status: Full-time for a minimum of 2 years
- Location: India (Mumbai, Delhi) or Indonesia (Jakarta, Bali)
- Position Title: Senior Project Manager
- Report to: Director of Special Projects for Asia and Asia Regional Director
This position will be responsible for managing Medic Mobile’s projects in India, Indonesia and other countries within Asia and is highly cross-functional, requiring coordination across several groups within Medic Mobile including partnerships, product, design, impact and research.
- Direct and manage project development and execution for assigned projects in India, Indonesia and other countries within the region.
- Coordinate software configuration, testing, implementation, ongoing project support, monitoring and adoption of Medic Mobile tools for and with partners.
- Prepare training materials including visual learning aids and deliver trainings for end users including partner facility and field-level staff.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (including designers, technical team, partnerships team, operations) and other project stakeholders (including partner organization's project manager, community leaders, community members, IT department, project field staff).
- Coordinate the process of documenting project activities through reports, case studies, blog posts, videos and photos.
- Support the Asia team in developing materials such as proposals, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences, ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and grow partner relationships vital to the success of the projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in public health, project management, public policy, international development, social sciences, computer science, IT or related fields
- 2+ years’ experience in project management
- Experience working in Asia with marginalized communities in social impact programmes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with team members at all levels of Medic Mobile and partner staff including program managers, health facility staff and community health workers
- Excellent computer skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Experience in conducting trainings
- Willingness to travel to project implementation sites in Asia up to 50% of the time
- Self-motivated and a sense of humor rated at least a 7.52 out of 10
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and at least 1 regional language (preferably Hindi or Bahasa Indonesia)
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please submit a resume, cover letter and a list of three references to email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal start date for this position is September 1 at the latest and earlier if possible.