Senior Project Manager (Uganda)
Medic Mobile is growing! We have an opening for the following position, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates.
We are looking to immediately hire a Senior Project Manager to assist our partners in implementing Medic tools. Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We'd love to hear from you.
Position Title: Senior Project Manager - Africa Region
Employment Status: Full time, contract
Language: Excellent spoken and written English
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Deployment Manager
Please treat the pre-requisite qualifications more as guidelines than as non-negotiable checklist.
We believe that the technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you've experienced in the past, and have mastered in-depth will be useful to further build and deploy Medic’s tools and technology. We expect that you are a quick learner and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.
Our team is spread around the world, and we need someone who enjoys working virtually and with remote teams.
Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed and passionate about Medic Mobile's mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
A successful candidate will work cross functionally with different regional and global teams to ensure the successful deployment of projects in Africa.
- Manage and coordinate the ‘path-to-deployment’ and ‘path-to-scale’ for multiple innovation projects; coordination of projects activities which include conceptualization, designing, development and configuration, functional and user testing of projects spanning multiple year, driving potential for large scale impact.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner stakeholders including government, implementing partners, industry consultants, social enterprises and academia organizations.
- Work with the design team to design and iteratively improve on the health service delivery workflows incorporated in Medic Mobile products.
- Develop Impact and activity metrics/indicators and monitoring plan for portfolio projects to track and address issues as they arise for successfully transition to full-scale and realize health impact.
- Lead the process of documenting and communicating lessons learned from projects both internally and externally.
- Support the communication team with the development of external communication material including; proposal, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders.
- Develop and execute an efficient internal and external communication strategy to ensure communication with all levels of project stakeholders.
- Prepare and manage work plans and budgets for all projects under various scenarios to facilitate quality project management and decision making in an ambiguous environment.
- Identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully and recruiting for junior positions within the project.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Coordinate the research and analysis for ‘scale-potential' and 'cost-effectiveness' of projects in their portfolio or any other research.
- Manage team members on assigned projects.
- As Medic Mobile is a dynamic organization, perform other duties as assigned.
- Be based in Uganda and/or have legal work permits for Uganda. Uganda nationals will be given priority
- BA/BS degree in public health, project management, public policy, social sciences, computer science, IT or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in project management.
- Experience working with marginalized communities in any social impact programs.
- Excellent work planning and budget management skills.
- Experience in collaborating multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams.
- Experience with managing expectations and change directly and indirectly.
- Good understanding of data collection, analytics and ability to interpret research for program design and implementation.
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies in Africa up to 50% of the time.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure focusing on quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Basic knowledge of Kiswahili would be a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy (cc) to email@example.com, marking the subject as “2952 Your Full name & Phone number" e.g. 2952 Barack Obama +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not be accepted.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis. The ideal start date for this position is early September 2017.