Project Manager (Africa)
Medic Mobile is growing!
We are looking to immediately hire a Project Manager on a permanent basis to assist our partners in implementing Medic Mobile tools across African countries. Are you passionate about global health, digital health, technology, working at the grassroots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you.
Whatever technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you’ve experienced in the past, we expect you have mastered them in depth, and we expect that you will be able to adapt quickly to new technologies and work environment that we need to accommodate in the future. While there are specific skills that we are looking for, please treat the following more as guidelines than as nonnegotiable checklists. If you consider yourself able and passionate about our cause, but do not have all the exact skill set required, but some, please apply anyway.
Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed to Medic Mobile’s mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team. We are seeking a highly community-focused, impact-driven, and creative project manager to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya. You shall be based in Nairobi with regional travel up to 60% of your time. Our team is spread around the world and we need someone who enjoys working with a globally distributed team.
About Medic Mobile
Medic Mobile believes in global health equity made possible through well-connected, coordinated health systems. Our technologies leverage low-cost mobile platforms and connect people at every level of the health system – from clinicians to community health workers to patients. After seven years, we now work with more than 60 international and local partners across 23 countries in Africa, Asia, North America, and South America. We have partnered with NGOs, Ministries of Health, the CDC, and private networks of clinics with support from the World Bank, USAID, the US State Department, corporate foundations, family foundations, mobile network operators, academic institutions, and others. The results have continued; we estimate our programs change how healthcare is delivered to 800,000 people annually in challenging settings around the world.
This particular Project Manager position is highly cross-functional and will require coordination across several groups within Medic Mobile including partnerships, software development, impact, research, data analytics, and business intelligence.
- Direct and manage partner engagement and project development.
- Define project plans, goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Proactively manage project changes, identify potential issues & devise contingency plans.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Coordinate communication between Medic Mobile team members and partner organizations.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (includes but not limited to Designers, Technical Team, Partnership development, Operations) and other project stakeholders (includes but not limited to partner organization's project manager, community leaders, community members, chief medical information officer, IT department, project staff in-country).
- Coordinate software development, software testing and execution of clinical trials, data analysis, publication, result dissemination, & adoption of Medic Mobile tools by other organizations.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- BA/BS degree in public health, project management, public policy, social sciences, computer science, IT or related field.
- Working experience in project management., research or analytical work in social impact project. In lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience managing, coordinating and leading cross-functional teams located around the globe.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Legal ability to work in Kenya (valid work permit) & passport
- Experience working with marginalized communities in any social impact programs
- Excellent work planning and budget management skills
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external teams
- Experience with managing expectations and change directly and indirectly
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies in Africa up to 60% of the time.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure focusing on quality
- Self-motivated and a sense of humor
Please submit a resume and cover letter with “Project Manager (Africa)” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis. The ideal start date for this position is April 2017.